1. I believe that I could have worked on the way I showed Emily when to get into the scene.
2. I also believe that if I had not used the block to get extra height it would have been fine.
3. I should have been more aggressive in my tone of voice as well.
(I don't know if the videos are supposed to be up but they are not showing for me)
1) I could have distanced myself from Matt when he was trying to speak to me, to show the friction between the characters through proxemics.
2) Also, I could have used more body language as well as facial expressions to show my reactions to Elyot's sarcasm.
3) When my character says the line "And you've had some urges in your time, haven't you?" I think I should have said it more to myself, as a sarcastic comment to add effect.
I apologise for the technical glitch!. I should be able to get the videos up so you can see them this evening. Well done for trying Naomi and George!
1. I think adding proxemics to the performance would help to show the relationship between Amanda and Elyot more effectively; for example Amanda could get closer to Elyot at the start of the scene to show that she might have forgiven him but then gets further away from him as he starts to be unpleasant to show that her anger towards him is coming back.
2. I also think that I could vary the pace of my lines a bit more to convey the emotions of the words, like pausing between 'such' and 'a rage' to show that I had to physically stop myself speaking in order to calm down enough to finish the sentence.
3. I feel like I should have also appeared angrier as i'm waiting on the balcony before Jack comes in; my lie says i'm in 'such a rage' but my facial expressions come across as somewhat sad so I think I should work on that.
1. I could have varied the tone in my voice rather than constantly being aggressive I could have built up to that rage.
2. I think if I had portrayed the idea that the cigarette was calming me down more it would have been more effective to convey the stress of the character.
3. We could have established the relationship of Amanda and Elyot better rather than heading straight into an argument
1) The tone in my voice and my facial expressions could have varied a lot more to show the variety of emotions throughout
2) There should've been more hand gestures to reinforce the emotions I was feeling
3) It wasn't a good idea to stand on the block as that gave me a higher level than Chelsey which wasn't my social status, so it gave an inaccurate portrayal of my status
4) I should've used proxemics better as I was in her face the whole time except the end
5) I should've spoke slower and with more clarity because some sentences sound messy therefore speech needs to be worked on
1) I could've made my dialogue sound more bitter when it was aimed towards Matt.
2) I need to remember my lines better so that I can work more on the acting instead of concentrating on what I had to say next.
3) I could've distanced myself from Matt more and my body language could've been less relaxed around him to show my discomfort.
4) I need to add more expression to my words to show the emotions of my character better.
5) I should pause between lines at the beginning but when they start to get angry the lines could be spat out at each other to show how angry they are at each other
1. Make sure my facial expressions and body language worked well with my lines to convey a more convincing tension between us
2. Don't overuse the cigarette - work out when to use it and when not to
3. Try to speed lines up and make them more snappy to show the building tension between the characters
1. I could have used proxemics more to show my relationship with Ijaz, but also to show that i was uncomfortable and didn't want to be near him
2. Try to make my voice sound more aggressive towards the end of the scene to show how annoyed i was
3. make sure that my facial expressions really convey that I not only didn't want to be there, but also that i was annoyed by the argument
4. make my hand gesture bigger and more aggresive
1) I think I could have used proxemics better to show the strained relationship between my character and Amanda I.e. Continuously trying to move further away from Amanda.
2) I could have changed the intonation on some of the words to put more emphasis on certain words.
3) I think the opening scene could either been clearer or cut as it didn't really add anything to the ensuring scene
The videos aren't showing for me (not sure if they've been uploaded).
I improved my performance by:
1) Using clearer actions and facial expressions to show my emotions, and make it obvious to give an appropriate atmosphere.
2) Making my use of the cigarette more realistic, and 'puffing' at the appropriate times.
3) Changing my tone when responding to Matt, to show the varying mood of my character during the piece.
A duo like Ant and Dec, but with less accent